Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Watch Where You Walk


Yesterday I came across an old post on Facebook, it is a comic drawing of a person walking their dog in the forest (art imitates life; life imitates art), and you see thought bubbles showing what is going on in their minds: the person is thinking of a million different things, phone calls, work, family, while in contrast the dog is thinking about the exact forest they are walking in. The caption reads: "Mind Full, or Mindful."

I am trying to make these thirty minutes per day in nature as mindful as possible. When I say "watch where you walk," I am not telling you to avoid the puddle. No. I want you to put on your boots and step right into that puddle, just like you would surely have done if you were five or under.

It feels great,
Sincerely,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment