Monday, May 2, 2016

Even after 7 p.m. the forest is interesting.


Dear Nature,

Busy day, and although I sat on our sunny porch for ten minutes during lunch, I didn't get out to walk the dog until seven tonight, but the forest behind my house is still full of remarkable things, even as the sun is going down. The trees were getting darker, so not too interesting, and then I happened to look up and saw this! Spotty lines of clouds marching across the sky. Then I looked down and saw this!


How can you not be amused by stretchy legs as long as these. A few steps further on I noticed the way the sideways evening light caught the Caribou Moss. This stuff takes fifty years to grow a little bush the size of a golf ball. It is lacy and brittle. One of the most beautiful attributes of the boreal forest. 


I walked a little further to get in my full thirty minutes, and was rewarded by this last cloud show. Vincent Van Gogh as the sun sets.


Thanks for another good day!
love Sharon

2 comments: