Saturday, May 7, 2016

Poetry, with David Suzuki!



Writing to nature is kind of kooky,
But I'm on a challenge with David Suzuki!
Now, at the end of the very first week,
I reflect on the outcome I actively seek.
30 minutes a day is not very much,
To spend time with the flowers and trees and such.
How have we come to this point in our land
That to spend time in nature seems a hefty demand?

Hey, Nature, how about another poem for you, but this time by David Suzuki? He wrote it in high school and it was published in the yearbook. I happened to go to the same high school years later. Someone posted it a month or two ago on a group for my hometown, and I thought it was so cool! It seems very appropriate for the 30x30 Challenge! 


The photo at the top of the page shows David Suzuki in the Leamington District High School 1950 Phoebus Yearbook!



No comments:

Post a Comment